background

Thursday, June 9, 2011

RYAN...written with his own hand!

Look at this!

I am so excited, it made me blog...AGAIN!

Ryan is capable of many things, but drawing and writing is definitely not one of them. Until these last couple of days. I always knew which "art project" was Ryan's in his school's hallway. It was either the one with no name or scribbles!

He just gets way to excited/bored when I put a marker in his hand. Well on Sunday we went to Chloe's birthday party. And like usual we made a homemade card. I told him to write Chloe on it. I spelled it for him, I did not write it. And he wrote it. This is the first real word he has written. I teared up when he did it, then the realization of giving his masterpiece away broke my heart. But he was just so excited to give it to her, and after all, it was hers.

Well since then, he has been writing letters and numbers like crazy. Sure, they are not all legible, but he is doing it and having fun doing it!

THEN, today after a long wait. I told him to go sit at the table with his marker and "work" and today's project was to write his name 5 times. I totally expected to come back to lots of scribbles like I have in the past. NOPE!!!

This is what I got! I am a very proud mama!!!

1 comment: