background

Saturday, July 18, 2009

an artist in the making

Since Easter, Ryan has this obsession (one of VERY many) with chalk. We do have a chalk board downstairs, he usually wants to go outside and draw, but not all days does mommy want to, or is mommy presentable enough to sit in our very high trafficked front yard.

So the other day we went downstairs to draw with the chalk. My usual commands are Bar Bar (Barney) or an elephant. This time he chose Barney. And after I draw the basic Barney (which to me looks like a TMNT with out the mask) he demands other objects to be put on him, its usually teeth lately, and for the first time he wanted a hat. So this explains my funny looking monster I have drawn.

Well just like anything else, I loose my patience with drawing him over and over again, because he does know how to erase it and want more to be drawn for him. So lately I have told him to draw me Barney. He has successfully drawn o's, h's, one elephant (kinda), a sun (w/all the rays coming out of it), and a few other things I can't think of. Well on Friday I asked him to draw me Barney and this was his face that he drew for me. Not bad for a 2 year old!

No comments: