background

Friday, July 24, 2009

the park chatter

On the way home from my doctors appointment today, Ryan kept telling me he wanted to go to the park. So I said we can stop by there for a few minutes.

We went to the big airplane park. And they have this wooden chained bridge. Well it takes a little 2 year old a little bit longer than say a 5 year old.

Little Ryan went trotting across ever so cautiously, as I waited below. At the beginning of the bridge I hear another kid ( I would say 5 or so)say, "I'm waiting"

Then when little Ryan is all done, the other kid says, "FIN-A-LLY".

When little Ryan reached the end of the bridge he looks over the railing at me with a really big smile of completion. He was so proud of himself, and he was letting me know it, all while completely oblivious to other boy.

My heart just melted. I don't want his innocence to go away, I want him to stay this sweet FOREVER!

It's amazing how much our kids can open our eyes to things.

No comments: