background

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

the halloween festivities

Well if you are from our area, you would know how much of a toss up was going to be this year with record breaking rainfall for the month of October. I rained all the way up until Friday afternoon.

We started a few years ago having a 'stop-n-go' party. We invite everyone we know to come over. Edwardsville does trick or treat on the 30th, since the BIG parade is on the 31st. So we pass out candy, have a small bonfire, chili, hotdogs, smores and other random snacks. This year since there was going to be so many kids we put a movie on for them inside if they wanted to go in there. It turned out great. Everyone showed up at different times, so when one group left another would show up. I decided (remembered) to take pics later in the night. I only took them of the kids. Next year I am going to tell adults to dress up too! I missed some of the earlier kids when they came though...like Chloe, Annabel, and Audrey. I think that is the only 3 I am missing. We did do a little trick or treating, only 3 houses, Ryan was more into getting back to the house. The next night, which was the 31st we went to the BIG parade, I only took 2 pics :( I forget all the time now...what is wrong with me.

No comments: