background

Monday, March 23, 2009

eating like a big boy

I know this should have been happening a long time ago. And I think it might have been, but just not at my house. I HATE, and I mean hate...I know that is a strong word, but I hate it when food touches me and objects around it. So 70% of Ry's food is still fed to him by me. Every now and then we let him do the messy stuff, but when he is naked, then we can run straight to the bath.

Well he keeps reaching for the spoon and fork, and we will fight over it. I know shame on me, but I just can't stand even the thought of the mess, and the amount of baby wipes I use to clean it up. The thought of that staying on a wash rag or towel grosses me out. I would never be able to use it again for cleaning purposes.

Our little boy is becoming very independent. He always has been in some ways, he has always been very content. Well he is wanting to do even more on his own. So I have to break, I have to give in and face the mess and gaging as we go along. These last couple times, he has done so amazingly well, so that is why I think he gets to do all this at both grandparents houses.

It does make eating for me much easier, we actually ate lunch together, verse me feeding him, then me shoving food in my mouth.

1 comment:

Corie said...

Good for you! Let go, girl! :)

It has to happen eventually, right?!?!