background

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Our new kitchen table...finally!

Well, after months of talking about it, we finally went out and bought a kitchen table/chair/bench set. For you who have been to our house know how little our breakfast nook/eating area is. So when we first re did the kitchen, we went to IKEA. They are famous for their unfinished, small apartment items. So we got a table the attaches to the wall and can fold down. It only sits two (if I were smarter I would have a before and after pic). It worked for us for very long time, almost 5 years. And as you know, Ry will be turning 2 in April and it was time to make the switch to a booster seat.

The table set is awesome, it fits perfectly in the corner and the bench is under neath it, so when we have people over for dinner or games, we don't all have to go downstairs, we can actually stay on the main level...yay!

Ryan is just in love with his new "big boy chair". I kept his highchair in the sun room just to be safe for a couple of weeks, and so far we have had no problems. I think he was ready to make the switch a long time ago, but mommy wasn't ready. We even have all our snacks at them table. Daddy and Ryan love to share dry cereal and ants on a long.We have also bought him a new place mat for the table, he loves to point out the pictures and tell you (and you tell him) who everyone and everything is. But the best part about it is, we found some dry erase markers....and he LOVES to color on it. We actually fight when the time is over. He wants me to write his name then he draws over it, he circles(somewhat) each characters head when asked where they are, and draws and connects everything. I don't know why this is any different from any other craft/drawing project I try with him, but loves it!!! And if anyone knows this characters name, I would love to know it, he gets so mad and just keeps pointing to him, because I don't know it. I have never seen this monster before. (Maybe that is a good sign, maybe we don't watch TV as much as I thought we did)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grundgetta - she's a friend of Oscar the Grouch.

Don't ask me how I know that

Tami B

bpic said...

The aqua one? I think her name is Rosita, she speaks mainly spanish. I haven't seen her on in awhile. Instead I keep seeing the spanish speaking lamb. I have like 20 of those placemants hidden away somewhere, let me know if you want more.

Corie said...

Whoo hoo... a new table.

I'm sure it will hold many wonderful memories for your family!! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree it is Rosita

Laura said...

Beautiful! I'm currently dreaming of a new kitchen table. :)
Yours is so cool, nice find!