background

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What a day!

Last Thursday was Ryan's 18 month check up appointment. Everything went pretty good. He weighs 29.4 (90%) and his height is 33inches (75%). So all is good there. I asked Dr. Shaw about his drinking habits. I told her how much he can drink at once. He can get very demanding when he wants something to drink. And I did not know if that was because something was wrong and his body was telling him he needed liquid or if he just likes to drink. So she ordered a blood test for him. Mainly checking to see if he was Diabetic, and just checking his overall electrolyte level.



Then blood test was horrible. I went to go get it done that afternoon, and it was just horrible. They took it from his arm just like they would for us. I have never seen him cry and scream like he did when they were doing this. They did one arm, then could not find the vein, then they had to do the next arm. It was just horrible. I was trying to sing to him, but I could not quit crying either. I was not prepared for this at all. I was not strong for my baby. My tears were falling on him while I was wiping away his. But they finally got it and it was all over. He stood up and started singing and dancing again. Like nothing happened. I think he was just freaked out.
We got the result back the next day, everything is normal!!!

I also asked the doc about all his hair all over his back and shoulders. And the worst new was given to me...it is going to stay and then get worse once he hits puberty. She said since it has not fallen out by now, its not going to! I swear to you, my son has more hair then my husband does. I told her that too, and she said "oh its probably from old Aunt Bertha". Well I know its not Aunt Bertha, I know who it is...the other Morrow guys!!!


In between seeing the doc and the mean ole' blood lady we went to see Bradley (Lauren's little boy). This is Ryan's only boy friend. All he has is girl friends. I think they had fun together. It took a bit warm up, but its been since at least August since they got to see each other last. As soon as things got to be smooth sailing, it was time to go. They seem to have a lot of similarities too, just like his mommy and me. I wished we lived closer so I could see Lauren more and Ryan could see Bradley more.


Bradley really likes to wear hats, including his red bucket as a hat...and of course Ryan had to join in on this weird behavior.

No comments: