background

Sunday, November 2, 2008

OCT 30- the night e'ville passes out candy...weird I know

The night before Halloween is when Edwardsville has the trick or treaters. I am from Collinsville so this is very strange to me. Halloween night is Halloween night. Oct. 31 in Edwardsville is the "BIG" parade.
We first went by Tami and Kal's, they had a little haunted house set up. Tami was a very cute Winnie the Pooh and Kal was a pirate. Ryan was a little skeptical of Winnie, he recognized the voice was still scared and confused.
Well Thursday night we decided to have some people stop by when ever they could and we would pass out treats. Not candy. I always loved getting something out of the ordinary versus candy. Plus every one passes out candy.
So I decided to give the little tikes a choice of a cool halloween plastic straw (which found out it doubles as a whistle), a spooky spectacular cup, a pencil or a capri sun. Great idea right??? Most was not all bad, but we did have some up set kiddos. And not only that I was made fun of all night long from my very wonderful and caring friend Tiffany. Even though she was on the phone with me when I was at the store picking stuff out. Some were okay with it, but others were over heard complaining as they walked away. Matt even heard one little girl say "I got a cup!" in a very disappointing way.
Well you know what, I bet they still have their cup or straw and will be asking for it at their next meal and the candy has been eatin' or thrown away, and never once thought of the house that gave them that mini bag of skittles like they would think of mine. My brother also advised me " I can't be that house on the block".
We did have alot of fun hanging out with everyone that night. It was a little weird it was in the middle of the week though. It would have been nice not to have to worry about the next day and getting up.
We brought the fire pit up from the back and made hot dogs and s'mores. It was just a perfect evening with no stress.

No comments: