background

Thursday, June 12, 2008

KBK... in the park!

This was the long awaited summer week at church. Our kids bible camp! WOW, what a week the kids absolutely loved it, the had a wonderful time...and for the adults, I think we needed a nap more than what the kids did after we got home. Kids get to learn about Jesus all week long, its pretty cool to see their little minds working. They are so sweet and innocent. I work with the 4 year olds, 3 adults and 11 kids...which is way to many 4 year olds. Its amazing we don't lose any of them. Their little prayers are so heart felt, the ones who really pay attention anyway, the others thought Jesus was here to bring us our snow cones we got everyday! Which I guess is true too.

One thing I realized this week is the difference between little boys and little girls, WOW. The little girls just have their attitudes when they don't want to listen, little boys just plan ignore you. The girls would actually put their had up and would get really sassy, the boys just went deaf. So I think it was huge lesson on what I need to work on with Ryan! I was just amazed on the difference in girls and boys.

The church is so micromanaged with all of the activities, the kids get play time, class time, craft time, song and dance time, and of course the beloved snow cone! The last day is a huge water gun fight, we usually have the fire truck come out and spray us all, but their was a call they were on so they weren't able to come, but we all got soaking wet from the guns, the kids love shooting the teachers.




All mean while back at the church, our kids 3 years and under are being watched by other church members. So Ry got to be at the church all week playing with other kids, and our wonderful friend Kathy was his teacher and she did a wonderful job (thanks Kath) and she even made the coolest craft with the kids with their foot print and pics she had taken all week... she is so busy and she still find time to do this! She is a true blessing to have in our life. Well to say the least our little boy was VAMISHED! He was asleep everyday before we made it to the stop sign on Goshen.




Then tonight we had the carnival at churh so that way the parents could see everything the kids did all week. All the songs we did as well with the dances...lots of kids over 500 kids everyday.




And, this would be Ryan singing along to J-E-S-U-S, give me a J, you got your J you got your J, give me an E, you got your E you got your E, give me an S, you got your S you got your S...well you get the point!


Ryan had so much fun with all of this, he had his first snow cone tonight. Of course it was mostly ice, I couldn't give him that much sugar before bed ( I know I know, mom is just no fun)...he knew he wasn't getting that much red on his spoon as mommy was! He walked every where, he is becoming a little boy so fast. So independent. So all in all this week was fun but I am happy it is over, I am tired!

1 comment:

Corie said...

Oh, I wish I could've helped at KBK!
Next year Chloe and I will be there for sure! :)

Ryan looks absolutely wiped out! :)