background

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What do you want to be when you grow up!

That is the question that you are most frequently asked when you are growing up. Does one really know, and if so does it change as you get older? I think so. I love my job, I love being a massage therapist, but it has never been my life long dream. I don’t think that is what I am supposed to be doing with my life… I don’t think so anyway. I have been doing this for 7 years now. There is so many more requirements latched onto the license now. The amount of work that I do is just enough, I don’t really want to pick up that many hours, I think it is very important the time that I am home with Ryan. I don’t want to give that up. Plus I don’t know how much more I could due to my babysitter situation. The costs of keeping up my license is what is killing me, all the CE hours I need, the license re-newal fee, and insurance. I don’t know if it is all worth it. Financially with what I make is, except for these fees.

Well now I am having a little tickle in my fancy. I would love to paint. When I think about doing this I am so happy, I have never felt this way before, I get so pumped. To paint murals maybe. For those who have been in Ry’s room,that is what I am talking about. I would love to paint nurserys, pediatrician offices, child care facilities, childrens hospitals, or where ever, it doesn’t have to be baby/kid driven. I just love to paint, I always have. I just don’t know how to promote myself, or to get anyone interested, really interested to where they would pay me. I would like to be able to make kids happy just by paintings in their everyday life. Ryan already loves his in his room, he points to the animals every morning when he gets up, and we have to go through all of them. He is now pointing the right one when you say the name.

So if any one has any suggestions on where to start or how to start, or any one to start with…please please please let me know! If anyone knows anyone who needs or would like this done, I would love to do it for practice and see what we think!

I have attached some pictures of Ry’s room. Let me know what you think, if you like them, if you would pay for them. Or if I am just crazy, and not do this at all! I am really looking for some honest opinions here...

3 comments:

Corie said...

Amanda,
I think that if you feel this is the way you are being led, by all means, follow!!!
Ryan's room is adorable.
Of course, I think you are crazy. I can't stand to pick up a paint brush. :)
My advice, keep praying about it and you'll find your answers!

Anonymous said...

From the pictures they look great and it looks like you have a definate talent for it. You could put an ad on craigslist. You do have to be careful about who contacts you and not go by yourself but that is a good way. Another website is stlmoms.com. You can put ads up there and that is designed for moms.

Anonymous said...

Clever pics; the giraffe pic doesn't highlight the 5 feet. Dad