background

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Play group "drop in"

Well today we made it. They had play group this morning. This is an awesome program. Come to find out it is ran through the Granite City school district. So we are not eligible for the home visits, but are still more than welcome to come. I don't think that really matters right now. But when Ry gets older it might. The program is geared for GC curriculum. So if he goes to the Edwardsville school district we will have to find one here. This program only goes up to 3 year olds so, once he is 3 we will have to switch groups :( I already love this group and don't want to change groups.
Not only did us parents have a good time, but the kids did too. They even had a ton of stuff for baby Chloe to play with and she will be 5 months on the second of Nov.
The first 45 minutes or so, they just got to play and read books. Then it was time to clean up and snack time. Then story time, Mark read the kids a book, and Julie did a finger play for them. Then our time is up and its time to go. Each kid gets to take home a free book to read and keep every week. Each kid gets to do this, isn't that crazy, and its all free. I kinda feel like I am working the system since I don't live in GC but I am not using the one we are putting our tax dollars into, so it equals out some where right?!?




I just love play group and can't wait for next week!!!

1 comment:

Corie said...

I had a great time at play group too!
So glad we get to do this together with our lil ones!!! :)