background

Monday, July 7, 2008

ATTACK OF THE SKEETERS...

The mosquitoes got my boy, they ate em' all up :( It all started Saturday afternoon, we were outside from say 2-5pm, I saw one mosquito! When we came in he had a couple little bites on him. Then Sunday we were outside for about an hour, I saw no mosquitoes! Then last night we were looking at him and it looked like his little face was attacked, just poked like crazy, he had 5 on his face alone. Then this morning I noticed them all, 3 behind his ears, 5 on his back, 2 on his chest, 7 on the back of his left leg, and a couple more on his feet and right foot. I can't believe they got to him like that, right in front of my face. I was right there, never saw anything, well just the one...those sneaky little devils! Well I know my baby is sweet but my goodness, this is just over whelming.

So after Matt's mom brought him home I had to go to bible study. He was just strange there, he cuddled in my arms for about 15 minutes, I finally got him to go upstairs and play. He has just been so fussy with all this. Well who can blame him, I would loose my mind if I was bit that much.
I decided to to go to Walgreen's after small group to get him feelin' better. Well I took about 5 different things to the pharmacist, she told me what he could take but not how much, I would have to call Ryan's doctor for dosage. Well by this time it is 9:00 and we all know the office is closed. They do have a 24 hour hot line, so called them to see if they could help me. I was informed they have no medical training, and she could page the doctor. Who wants to be paged at 9:00 at night because some mother let her child get poked million times by bugs!!! But I did it anyway...she called me back in like 2 minutes. She was her very nice calming self, I say it like that because of the way she talks. She was very helpful and let me know how much he could take and what all I could do.
So after we got off the phone with the Doc. He took a bath "just a hair on the cold side". Which he was not very happy with, maybe it was the slightly cold water or the fact we were taking a bath at 9:30 when all he wanted to do was go to sleep!
After the bath we had to put on the anti-itch cream... yeah right try putting that on a child. He was all over the house, we were running from room to room. He even closed himself in the bathroom to get away from me...then came out with ammo.
Lesson 3001, put 10% or less DEET bug spray on your child to save him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel little ry, I got ate up on saturday night! I have around ten bites on my legs.

- Jason

Corie said...

Oh, poor Ryan.
Sounds like you will be prepared next time! :)

bpic said...

Avon Skin so Soft works great at keeping the skeeters away. And it doesn't seem as chemical-ly as the rest of the stuff. I'll give you some if you want. I'm always afraid the girls are going to get bug spray in their mouths-yuck! And someone recently told me that Listerine works to get rid of them too, but don't know if that works or not. You spray it around the area or grass, not on the child. It's worth a try I guess.