background

Friday, July 11, 2008

Plant smasher!

I had bought this beautiful pre-potted plant at the beginning of the summer. Which I never do, I usually by a bed of flowers and plant myself. So I was so excited about this stinkin' plant to put it on my deck that we ARE utilizing this summer. And it looked beautiful when I put it out there.
Well in the meantime I have had some struggles with it! The darn thing needs watered like twice a day. So yes I must admit it MIGHT have went through a little dry spout, maybe a couple times. But once I got the hang of it, it was watered twice a day with miracle grow.
Last week I decided maybe if I add some miracle grow potting soil it will be even better...it started to look beautiful. I was so proud of myself, I was raising my son and this stupid flower planter all at the same time... yeah me :)
So on Tuesday night we were eating dinner and we heard this loud bang and smash. We went outside and looked all over, saw nothing! Well on Wednesday morning I was at the kitchen sink and I looked out at my so-called pride and joy... and it was gone! Instantly I ran outside, and there it was...smashed upside down between the BBQ grill and the deck (which we just put the stupid BBQ grill there over the weekend).
So I squeezed between the two to get it, through already formed spider webs and all, even in my work cloths. Oh it was just horrible. So I did what I could that morning to fix him. Then Thursday I re-potted AGAIN!!!
Thursday night we were outside playing on the deck as a family... oh yeah having so much fun. Well my wonderful husband had to be playing with this huge ball and throwing all around the fully furnished and plant filled deck. And before you know it...SMASH, there went my plant again. It was the worst hit it could have taken by this point. The poor thing is just destroyed, I tried to save it, but I think there is no hope. It is still out there dying slowly everyday.
This was one of the last beautiful flower heads that I had left...and with Matt's help it is no longer on my plant!!!

2 comments:

bpic said...

Sorry to hear about your plant. That mean, mean man. Let me know when the funeral is and I'll bring over a casserole.

Anonymous said...

all BULLSHIT