background

Friday, July 18, 2008

The Messy Roommate

At one time, long long ago, I actually had a semi clean and tidy house. It was open to anyone who would just stop by. Things were put away and in order. Sure maybe a dish or two in the sink. Our house has always looked like it is lived in, not a catalog house by any means, but tidy, you could walk from room to room with stepping on something, you weren't afraid to walk in the dark.

Well I am afraid that time has passed, we now have that 'messy roommate' living amongst us. Not unwanted just messy. Sure I can go from room to room or from crash site to crash site cleaning up behind him. That is just not as much fun, I have to play too. I do try to tidy up a bit, but while I am putting things back up on the shelves he is pulling it back down. I have actually tried to leave it messy, thinking, well that will save me alot of time for other things...nope that does not work. He feels the damage is already done there, so lets not play with that stuff, we must destroy other areas of the house.

all the destruction you are about see took place between 8:45 and 9:45 this morning



When did this house get taken over, and how so easily??? I know, the day Matt and I decided to have children, ' the messy roommates' !!!

2 comments:

Corie said...

Oh great... I have a messy roommate to look foward to, huh?

I guess I'm going to have to loosen up on my "everything in it's place" philosophy... even the thought of it is making me tremble already and Chloe can barely hold her head up on her own.

Anonymous said...

i am NOT responsible for Ryans actions. Its just the nature of the beast,nor am I am I responsible for my own actions. Im just trying to keep up with the times.