background

Sunday, February 7, 2010

getting a little bit of advice

Being home on maternity leave is nice is some respects.

For Christmas Matt got me subscription to Parents magazine, knowing I loved reading them after I had Ryan. Well that was much more practical with one sweet sleeping infant. But today I was able to finish well flip through 2 of them, just reading the highlights.

I love the sections on tips from other moms, especially food/dinner tips. This certain issue has a front cover add saying “5 healthy dinners under $10 each”. Definitely a section I will be reading. Why I don’t know, I am always so disappointed with them.

See what you think, here are the 5 fab meals:

1.Cheese and Spinach Tart with Glazed Carrots
2.Beef and Veggie stir fry
3. Penne with Turkey sausage and Peppers
4.Ginger Salmon and Mashed Edamame
5.Chicken and Brown Rice Soup

Now you tell me are those family/time friendly meals…NO! In their defense, they never said either one of those things, but come on those are not practical meals for a family at all.

No comments: