background

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"How is Ryan doing with the new baby?"

Everyone has been extremely good at making Ryan still feel very special. And the number one question we get is, "How is he doing with the baby?"

I am still unsure on how to answer that. It's just not what I expected. I thought maybe anger, digression, crying, throwing...something. But he just ignores Harrison.

To him, things have not changed. I think he has changed. He has gotten louder...so much louder. Definitely more demanding. But not in a bad way (well most times anyway). He is just more pronounced with everything.

But to him there is still no baby present. The only thing that he does ask is "ere baby go mama?" when he can't see him. Then when you tell him he just turns his head and goes about his business, there is no reaction to it.

Harrison is not allowed in his room and definitely not allowed on his changing station or in his bed. Except for this picture, it lasted only moments, and you see he is up in the corner like Harrison is some disease ridden object. I call this picture the stare down. I think this might have been Ryan's realization that baby IS coming home with us.
This was their first official picture taken together, it wasn't the best, but we did finally get Ryan to give him a kiss.

He did seem so proud at first, I was so excited for our lives to start and Ryan was going to cherish his baby brother...maybe one day, just maybe!
One thing that Ryan is very interested in is how Harrison is fed. Which is very hard to explain to a 2 1/2 year old. He sees the pump, and I just explain that I am getting milk for the baby, and he is okay with that. But tonight he wanted me to come into the living room NOW, and I told him when I was finish feeding Harrison I would come right in. His sweet little face got right up next to us and he looked at Harrison and said "baby eatin mama?" Well how do you explain that, because to anyone who does not understand the concept, yes it would look like the baby is eating me!

No comments: