background

Friday, September 19, 2008

A little catch up

1. *correction* my dad does not literally sit on the couch the whole time he does watch Ryan. Matt was a little upset with that comment. My dad even did my dishes and cleaned my stove for me on Friday morning...thanks pops!


2. Saturday was a busy day for us. In the afternoon we had little Holly's 1st birthday party at Alfonzo's. Can you believe she is already one, she was always Ryan's little baby friend, well now they are about the same age. I know there age difference have not changed but my goodness it sure does seem like it.

The whole time Holly opened her presents Ryan sat there and played with these b-day hats. He kept stacking them and singing into them. Every now and then he would throw them on the ground and Loni would have to pick them up...thanks Ya Ya. I should have kept these hats in his diaper bag for when we are out!

3. Saturday evening we had a house warming party. Congrats, Danyale and Maurice, your new house is beautiful!!! For whatever reason we did not take any pictures, well probably because we were to busy chasing him around to take any chance to do any thing else. We actually got home at a descent hour and went to bed early... yay us!

4. Well we all know what happened Sunday morning. WOW, I have never seen any storm like it. We lost power somewhere around 7 and it looked horrible I thought some of the houses were going to be blown away. So, of course I freaked, I called Loni, if any one would know what was going on it was her. She filled me in the details, which were helpful. Everything settled down, we went to church. We were one of the few fortunate ones who's basement did not flood. Which is a HUGE blessing since we had no power and our sump pump was not working.

5. Then we decided to brave it anyway...we went to the Zoo. It turned out to be a wonderful day. There was hardly anyone there. All the exhibits were free due to the morning crisis. So we got to see alot that we usually don't see. It was different than last time, Ryan loved the animals, he could not get enough of them...not this time. He was actually afraid of them. Especially the hippos, and they were his favorite last time. He even jumped when they swam up to him, which was quit funny. They had a dinosaur expo too, he screamed and cried when he got close to them. This is all so weird, he has never been afraid of any thing. So we are going again next weekend, we will see what happens then. Thanks alot Tiffany for such a wonderful day, and spending the whole day with us, especially bowling!!! She had to go with us, we ran out of time so we could not drop her off, she was forced to tag along.

we had to tell him he was soft like Clementine before he would touch him.

I wish this was a video, he was screaming his head off in this picture, which I know sounds mean, but it was just silly to be scared. Well now that I look at the picture again, I can see how it was scary, but we were right there.

This is baby Raja, can you believe he is 16 now, he is the father of he new baby girl. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago when he was born. He is an adult now, if you can't tell by the picture. he he he...we can still be so childish at times, we were giggling just like the 3 little boys that walked up.

1 comment:

Corie said...

Busy weekend for you guys!

The hippo picture is great!! :)