background

Thursday, September 11, 2008

working the double shift

The a.m. shift



I am told "wow, this playroom is like a playground"


This morning Kathy dropped off the girls, Annabel and Audrey around 9, I was going to watch them while she was at a meeting for church till around 12. So round 1 started. Everyone was in such a good mood. They all play so well together.


This long green tube, is a miracle toy, in and out, balls in and out, how many kids can we fit in at once. Ryan did get a little confused, he is not used to sharing all of his stuff, especially sharing attention!!!



So we gave Ryan his alone time. He would wonder off from time to time play by himself for a few minutes, then run back to join in on all the fun.


They all loved this cheap-o etch-o-sketch, we actually had to take turns with timed minutes...wow, haven't dealt with that yet. I actually have 2 and ofcourse I could not find the other one...its probably with the remotes that have been MIA for a week now.



It was now time to head downstairs and play. I was also told "wow, its a miracle" when all the Little People came out. Which I do take great pride in since I went a little crazy for them on my man hunt.


Then the girls left a little after 12. Nap time, definitely nap time. Ryan actually slept from 12:30 to 3:30. He was exhausted. His 3 hour naps have been cutting back lately but not today. I ate lunch, ate my ice cream ( it was in the freezer since Saturday, which is a miracle with in itself). I took a nap...yay me!


The p.m. shift


It is now around 5 and Kathy had dropped off the girls for round 2. They had a photo shoot they had to do. So we had dinner, the girls ate very dainty at the table while Ryan was in his highchair, signing 'more more'. I think he ate more than the both of them combined. But he's a boy, that's my excuse anyway!

Dinner is over, time to play and get crazy again. We destroyed the basement this morning now time for the living room. One room per shift.

Ofcourse Ryan had to have all 3 cups, he is such a hog. He was so upset he couldn't carry all 3 at once. And actually 2 of these are his!

The rest of the pictures are just really cute moment I got to capture. And yes I know Ryan's diaper is hanging out of his cloths...remember he eats and drinks alot. I can't keep up with his clothes, they may fit that morning but not by the end of the day. Plus were hoosiers :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you had time to watch my kids for a million hours, get your house put back together, take a nap AND blog all in the same day. Where do you hang your cape?! And all done with a smile on your face. You are an amazing mom!

Corie said...

Looks like a fun, busy day.
I don't know how parents take care of more than one kid, especially little ones. Chloe is about all I can handle right now. :)

Can't wait for our next play date!!!!

Oh, and on the Baby Legs website, boys are wearing the Baby Legs... I won't judge you if you put Ryan in them!!!