background

Thursday, September 18, 2008

the markings have begun

Well once again I have learned a new lesson...never ever say well my baby does this or won't do that! With in the last month or so I was at a friends house ( you know who you are, I am not going to say who, due to shear embarrassment) and we were discussing crayons and markers and where all the kids liked to use them. Well there I sit on the couch all tall and proud "Ryan only uses the crayons were he is supposed to, only on paper...he is very good at this". I can only imagine what was going through her head...'just wait your baby will mess up, I hope he colors your whole house!!!'


Well guess what he did. I was getting his breakfast ready this morning and I looked down and to my complete amazement, there it was...red and blue scribbles all over the white drawer. I could not believe it, I just bent down and stared in awe...this could not be my baby he only colors on paper, oh I was so upset, but more with me than him.
In my defense, this did not happen on my watch. (pretty sure anyway, just like I am pretty sure it wasn't me who lost the remotes) I think it was either my dad or Matt's mom who did this. Probably my dad, I was told today he just sits on the couch and Ryan has the run of the house, and if he doesn't here from him for a bit, he will call his name. So, for the record it was not my fault he was running through the house with crayons and no paper in front of him. I would have guided him...he he he!

2 comments:

bpic said...

The babysitter pointed out last night "too bad your baby scribbled on your new kitchen cabinets" yeah, yeah, yeah... hadn't got a chance to scrub it off. Or the toy table. Or the door upstairs. Yup, I saw the new sharpie scribbles on the hardwood floor too. I think I'll just turn those into flowers! I swear my baby can pull a crayon, marker, or pen out of thin air the second I turn my back! I much prefer her to just color herself. :-) She can teach Ryan that next... oh wait Tami already did! :-) k

Corie said...

Ah, the joys of toddlers!! :)

I'm sure Chloe will want to express her inner artist on our walls someday too!