background

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas is here!!!

Every year I am just so giddy about now. I am very excited but just not giddy. It just came so fast and after tomorrow its all over, and after next week things just go back to the way they were. The Christmas season just isn't the way it used to be.

I went to Target last night, mainly just to get out of the house and do something. People were crazy. There were tons of confused guys walking around. I even had to help 2 of them find something that I over heard a worker tell them they don't have, just because she was to busy to help. The shelves were practically bare. People were buying just to be buying. One couple just bought a bunch of washrags in a bundle assuming who was getting them "always could use new washrags".

When I was leaving I was talking to a friend on the phone, we were just wishing each other a Merry Christmas, and the one thing that I could say that was truly heart felt was, Remember the reason for the season. Which I know sounds so corny, but the other reason is just getting out of hand. Now don't get me wrong, I love the commercialized Christmas, and I love Santa. I grew up with a Santa and I think kids need that, but only to some degree. When does it become okay to just flat out lie to your kids, but punish them for lying. I am completely aware my child is still to young to go through this. I know its going to be a battle when it comes, I am just hoping he doesn't ask tons of question...but since so far he is like his mommy, he will.

It was great this weekend at church when we dropped off Ry in adventure land. They were having a birthday party for Jesus. And I just think that is a really cool approach to it all. So we might be having a birthday party next year at this time too!!!

Well, with all that said, we hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. Just be merry, its a time to spend with family and friends. And now that I went on and on about "the reason for the season", look for our Christmas photos and Ry opening tons of presents from the grandparents on future blogs.

And, 'HAPPY BIRTHTDAY JESUS'

No comments: