background

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I am thankfulful for the Love in my life

Well we made it all the way through the holiday. It is now Tuesday and we are only left with memories. Our Thanksgiving was wonderful. I wasn't really looking forward to it, not for any reason just wasn't excited about it. That could be why it was so wonderful. The food was up and beyond my expectations...especially the turkey, which I cooked.
The day started off with the Macy's parade like it always has with me, my mom and grandma. But now it is Ryan and I since Matt thinks its stupid and a waste of time to watch. Ryan on the other hand really liked it, he danced with showgirls, sang with the songs, and watched very intently when Sesame Street came on.
And then around 1 everyone came over. We have both sides to the family over, there is only 10 of us combined. Matt and I have been together forever so our families are pretty close, and I am just not doing the 2 Thanksgivings in one day any more. So while we waited on everything to be finished the dads do what they normally do, sit on the couch, watch TV and slowly fall asleep. The rest of us went outside, they guys played catch in the street and we played with Ry.
Then came the food and time to eat...yummy yummy yummy! Ryan did not eat as well as I thought he would, he loved the turkey though, and ofcourse the famous bread and butter! Then we even had a huge mess of spilled milk, that surprisingly did not turn into a catastrophe, we just cleaned up and continued to eat
Once everything is cleaned up we all play games. Our dear friends Jason and Loni come over every year. We all play games, they stay the night and we (more they) go shopping on black Friday. While Ry was still up we didn't get to play very much, they guys played building blocks with him for awhile, which did not last long they ended up entertaining their selves and forgot about poor Ry, notice the picture with Ryan getting on the table and Jason's head in the background not even noticing Ryan is gone

1 comment:

Corie said...

Sounds like a great day!!!