background

Friday, August 15, 2008

Day 3 - LVL

It is now Sunday morning. They had a church service we could attend down in the sports arena. They would either have a volunteer give the sermon or we would watch a video. So I was pretty excited. Well, I think we were all so exhausted from the previous night that we over slept. I woke up at 8:30 and everyone else was still sleeping. So, I was not waking them in case Ryan was unable to take a nap all day.


When ever Ryan did get up I made us breakfast, we had scrambled eggs, strawberries, and toast with jelly. I let Matt sleep in since he is always so tired. I was going to make him egg burritos. Well since our bed was in the kitchen he heard me cooking. He rolled over and proceeded to tell me how nauseous he was. He got up and went to the bathroom (which is also in the kitchen) and emptied his belly. We don't know what made him so sick. He had this really nasty looking thing on Friday at that windmill restaurant, it was called a slinger, it was kinda like an egg and sausage scrambler, but with chili on it. So that could have been it, he has also been taking meds for his back, so it might have been that.


I took Ryan down to the pool so Matt could go back to bed, or do what ever he wanted. It was much easier for us to leave, there was no where for us to go in the camper to give Matt some peaceful time to feel better. So I took Ryan down to the pool, well I can't believe I waited so long to do this, we only did wait cause it was so busy on Saturday he would have been pushed around by all the bigger kids. So the pool had a slope going into it and a little fountain in the middle of it. He loved it. He is truly a water baby (maybe he is the next Michael Plelps).


We went and got changed in the shower room and we were walking out and Matt came walking through the doors, it was so perfect. He took a shower at the camper and he is feeling better.


We went back to the camper and ate a quick lunch. We then headed "into town", which was Hermann. Hermann MO, was a beautiful town, beautiful views, it was just a cute little town. This town also consisted of wineries and a brewery...he he he. We parked our car and walked down this touristy street. We went into the first winery, sampled about 5 or 6 wines. Then off we went down the street. Well we found this brewery. You could sample 5 ounces of beer for $1. They had 5 different different types of beer, so we were each going to do 1 of each. Well I think I was a little confused, it ended up being A LOT of beer. But no fear we drank it, we drank it all, with child in tow. No it did not look very good, while we sat at a table with Ryan in a stroller downing our beer, because the straw and cup we gave him to play with was not working out much longer. It is not something we would normally do, but it sure was alot of fun. The buzz only lasted a bit. We also stopped and got some yogurt for Ryan since he was such a good boy while mommy and daddy boozed it up.




After we left Hermann, we went back to the camper had dinner, played outside, drove Ry around and off to bed he went.
Matt and I decided to build a fire and sit outside for a bit. It was getting later and later, and the bats were back and they were flying like crazy around us. So I decided to stop security when they passed to tell them about them and to see what we do, and if we were safe. So I stopped the first one I saw and he was just clueless, he was like yeah I guess they are bats (well there is no such thing as night time birds you dork) they might be trying to get the bugs and when I started to tell him what was going on he said I have to go there is a little girl missing and drove off...okay why wasn't this more important before I was going on and on about these bats. He was just weird. So after a little bit, I remember we saw a little girl around 11 or so walking up a rock road by herself. So I stopped the security truck again. Well thankfully it wasn't the same guy. He said the girl was found, mom had jumped the gun, she was just playing with a friend and didn't come back in time. So then I asked him about the bats...he said yes they are bats they are eating the bugs and there bat cave was right behind our camper. Yeah us, we now confirmed we had bats for neighbors.
Then there was these 2 little girls still playing in the street and it was around 11. Well after a bit they came up to the camper and said their dad needed help he hit his foot with an axe while he was chopping wood and he needed help. So I sent Matt down to their camper with 2 diapers...that is all we had, besides band aids! He came back and said he actually needed first aid and Matt had to go down to the security booth and get help. They came and got him while we babysat the girls. All while the mom was inside sleeping with the 2 year old. Both girls told us how mad the mom was going to be once she found out all of this. And I was like, heck yeah I would be mad, you have my two girls out in the middle of the street while you are chopping wood, then your ankle, then leave them with strangers all at 11 at night...oh yeah I would be mad.
So, after all this we decided to go in and go to bed, it was definitely enough for the day.

1 comment:

Corie said...

If Ryan becomes the next Phelps... promise to save me a seat at the Olympics, ok?!?!