background

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The new approach

I am trying this new approach with my 'boy'. My wonderful angel has turned into someone I don't recognize. He was always the best one in a crowd, people would come out of their way to tell us how good he is. And I think I took it all to my head and for granted. My baby is still wonderful overall, he is very content in what he is doing and always has been.

Well...these past few weeks life has been different. When they say they are just testing you...they ain't kiddin'! He now screams high pitch in a restaurant, "cries" till he thinks he is going to get his way. He goes from room to room doing what he has been told not to do, and that is the only thing he does in there, I do think it is to get my attention. This boy gets so much of me now, he has to learn mommy has to get stuff done.

I am a very stubborn and bull headed, I always have been. And for you that know me really well, I can have a bit of an attitude, especially if I don't get my way. Well as you all know Ryan looks like Matt, and we are now learning he gets his personality from me. And this is horrible. My stubbornness is helping me with not giving in to him, but he is the same way.

So, this is my new approach...he is now a 'boy' not a baby anymore and I have to treat him like one. I have to make him part of decision making and we need to compromise on things as a team. Yes yes I know this all sounds crazy, but I am having a real problem with this. I tried it today, we communicated all day, and it actually helped. When I made eggs and toast this morning while he was in his highchair eating his blackberries I explained everything step by step, which really helped when his blackberries ran out and he started to scream. He started to pay attention to me and what I was saying. So day one is done, we will see what the future brings.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am taking all!!!

1 comment:

Corie said...

I wish I had suggestions to you, but we haven't gotten to that point yet! :)

I'm sure you will transition just fine!
Keep praying for patience and wisdom with the situation!!!!