background

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 4 - LVL

We woke up and it was around 8:30. We were so tired. I just could not get up. But I did, I made Ry breakfast then woke Matt up. I made him get up this time. I laid back down and had a bowl of cereal in bed. It was all okay, our bed was in the kitchen remember. So I was right there with them all. After we all ate, we just lounged around for a bit, in the bed and in the camper. Well little Ry was getting restless, so we decided to go down to the pool and go for a swim. We were the first ones there...which was great. We swam in the big pool for a bit. Matt rode him on his shoulders for awhile. He going under the water with him He would not keep his mouth shut. We would say, okay mouth shut, are you ready, go. And by golly as soon as Matt would hit the water with him he would open his mouth. It didn't seem to bother him though. He just drank it and went about his business.
Then the baby pool came, we could not get him out of the thing, he was in that pool for at least a half hour. The water come about mid chest. So he could just walk and run all he wanted. He met some girl friends in there, they were just a bit older. We all know how big of a flirt he his. They loved playing with him. And he was playing pretty good back! One of the couples we met were from St. Jacob, grew up in Collinsville, and lived in Troy at one point in time. Now yes he was doing very well in the pool, everyone one was so surprised, but one lady actually thought he was only 7 or 8 months old...that would definitely be a Michael Phelps in the making...but my Ry would win 9 gold medals and break his record. But anyway, that lady was just crazy!!! I did have another lady judge me for not having a life jacket on him, but he was in 2 feet of water with me right there, I was in the pool with him the whole time. Yes I agree he needs one soon, but she was scared to let her grand kids play around Ry since he didn't have a life jacket on, and she actually said that.




We got dressed went across the way to the Creekside Cafe (which I can't use my $25 member card to get points at because they are not affiliated with LVL...whatever, it talks about LVL all over the cafe and has pictures) This is the only place you are actually going to spend more than $5 at, to actually accumulate a good amount of points. (1 point per $1, you have to have 350 points first to use, then like 350 is good for $7.00) How pathetic is all that! Sorry about all that...all that really got us upset.




While we were in the cafe eating our over priced fried food that came on foam plates, Ryan decides he is REALLY tired, and falls asleep in the highchair. His poor little head keeps bobbing back and forth, but he is out. So I picked him up and we headed to the sports arena so Matt could play some hoops. He really wanted Ryan to watch and maybe play, but he was out, we just sat on the floor and Ryan slept in my lap. Next to us were a teenage couple playing one on one, who we think just met. They are totally flirting, she is just in her bikini, flinging her blond hair all over, while he continues to remain red in the face. They are just giggling like crazy. It was really cute to watch, then it dawned on me...when did I become the old person holding their baby, watching their husband shoot at memories. We were the ones always meeting new people camping. Now, well, things are just different. I am getting old...I am a mom.




After all the life realizations, we went down to the reservation building so we could get online so Matt could order his new phone...remember he turned it into scrap metal with the lawn mower. We did all this while Ryan took his nap in the backseat. We went back to the camper and just vegged out. We were so tired. This was our last day, we did not want to be this tired.




Instead of staying around the camper and complaining we decided to go down to the boat house and rent a jonboat. We had to put Ryan in this little life jacket, he was so cute... I was now a good parent, he had a life jacket on! This boat moved so slow, it was not fun. We could count the leaves on the trees. We got to the middle of lake and we were all crying, Ryan was the only one who was vocal with it though. He hated it. I would not let him move around in it, the huge fear we would tip. So he had to sit still, all stuck up in his life jacket like a zombie. It was just horrible. So we turned the boat around and tried, key word tried to oar too, so we could move a little faster. No we were hitting each other with them, then Ryan found them, he wanted to play with them, it was just a big mistake...the whole thing was a huge mistake. We finally made it back we returned everything, and I told the kid that it just didn't work out, and he said we didn't have to pay, that he didn't want us to complain. Well we weren't going to complain, we didn't work out, not the boat, I tried to explain that but he was not listening to us, and said people complain, so by that point I was not stupid, we took our money and our last memory of a jonboat with us.
Back to the camper we went, we decided to go for another swim, then off to courts we went...and there was that teenage couple again...she now had on pants but not shirt just here bikini top.
Went back, Ryan had bath, then drive, then bed. We decided to stay outside and stay by the fire. The bats were back, they came out earlier and earlier every night. Matt actually asked me if I was now okay with the bats, NO I was not okay with them, they still scared the crap out of me. They would just fly so close, but hey we never had a problem with bugs, we brought our bug zapper but that was just wasted space in the car by this point. We had a lot of fun, just the two of us. We really needed it, we stayed out there till around 2 or so. It was really nice, we talked and just laughed a lot. It was huge for us, it was like old times, just care free.
That was our day and night...well except for one thing...Jason and Loni, you may want to stop reading... You see we really like playing with fire, and we had J and L fire/hotdog pokers with us and we played in the fire a lot with them, and would turn them red with the coals at the bottom and well, Matt some how did this to it, that's right it was Matt, not me, just for the record!

1 comment:

Corie said...

I had no idea what a jonboat was until I saw the picture of Ryan sitting in it....

And, don't worry about being the "old mom". You are still younger than me! :)