background

Friday, August 29, 2008

I love my baby!

Okay so my last post was all true, but it has been killing me leaving it like that. I feel like I am talking bad about my baby behind his back, and he so does not deserve that. He is a wonderful child, I just need to gain more patience with him. I am just not used to any of that. I always pictured all of this going like a sweet fairytale. Yes, God has gifted us with some of that, but our life is still real, real things happen to us, things people don't talk about. Maybe for the fear society will think they don't have the perfect child in the perfect life.

I am told everything we are going through is normal, and I am just not used to it. (thanks alot Kath, you have really helped me out again, what would I do with out ya!)

3 comments:

Life With Twins said...

Oh dear you are not alone! I feel you girl! Imagine your little Ry times two throwing fits. We have yet to have our first 'public' meltdown but thats probably just cause we aren't in public that often. Everyday is different and we will never know what to expect. They are no longer babies but they will always be our babies no matter how many times they tell us no. lol Take a deep breath and know you are not alone. Just wait till the day they are embarrassed by us! Oh how painful it will be. Don't feel bad about venting that is how parents stay sane we all know you still love your little man. Wish we lived closer! It would be great fun to get the kids together. Have a great day! Lisa

Anonymous said...

Just remember that you will always love Ryan no matter what but you may not always like them. That goes for every important person in your life. As my kids get older I notice times when I am sure they do not like me very much but I know they always love me and I will always love them. Know that these are very normal feelings and just like every other stage, these are new challenges and they will pass. Then it is on to the next challenge. Just think I am going to have to have the sex talk soon, how much am I DREADING that!

Corie said...

I can't give toddler advice, but I can tell you that as much as I love and adore Chloe, she is by no means a perfect baby.
She is actually starting to get a bit more on the fussy side, which has completely thrown me off since she has been so good so far. Seriously, we didn't hear her cry for about 2 weeks after birth and even then it was few and far between.

That has changed now... :)

So, don't feel as if you were talking badly about him. It is totally healthy to get that off your chest. Plus, it seems like you've gotten some good advice because you did talk about it.

I'm sure it is completely normal and most parents feel exactly like you do!