background

Monday, October 20, 2008

I don't know how she did it!

She, being my mother.



Friday night we took Ryan, Annabel, and Audrey with us to the YMCA in Belleville. They had their Fall Festival and Truck or Treat. It was a very fun event, with TONS of kids.
I thought, sure I can handle all three kids, I babysit them enough, I have all this under control. Well let me tell you, having all three kids in your home versus a public event is ALOT different. Don't get me wrong, the kids were wonderful, they all behaved and listened to what Matt and I said. But the two babies wanted to run every where. And there was alot of stuff for Annabel to do with her being older.


So there we were standing amongst a million kids and their parents. With a double side by side stroller for the babies. Everyone wanting to go in the opposite directions. And all I could do is think of my mom. My poor poor mom. She had this full time. I was Annabel's age and the boys were Ryan and Audrey's age (they are 5 days apart, and my brothers are twins). I have no idea how she did it. I have no idea why she left the house!


It definitely put everything into consideration. I think this is what every couple should have to do before they have kids. I at least got to take Annabel and Audrey home, I can't imagine if I would have had take all 3 kids home, and do their nightly routine....WOW...that is a huge high five out there to all you moms of multiples or who have multiple children.


Then on Saturday, it was our three year anniversary. I can't believe it has been three years already. Can't believe three years ago I was in Hawaii with out a care in the world.


We were going to have a nice day by ourselves, but we had no idea what to do! How sad is that! Plus money was an issue. So we decided to have a nice family day. We went and got lunch and went to the airplane park and ate lunch there as a family. We spent a couple of hours there just playing and hanging out. It ended up being a very nice and peaceful day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A - Ryan is looking more like Matt every day! Tami

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you for showing my kids such a fun time. A bit humbling that it would be MY kids that make you re-think having more kids! :-) I know what you are saying though- how come no one warned us how much work raising kids can be? This is exhausting!!! Did our parents have more energy than us? kath