background

Monday, October 27, 2008

The Melting Pot

Saturday night friends and family met at The Melting Pot on the loop, Delmar St, in St. Louis. The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant, that serves cheese fondue, salads, meat and then your chocolate desert. We usually do this around my birthday. My birthday is still a few weeks off but we had to go early to fit every one's schedule.
Our reservations were at 4 and we got done promptly at 7.
Matt and I did order drinks at the bar before we were seated. It was $15 for 2 drinks...that's right $15. Matt just had crown royal and I had "something fruity and fun". I did not know what to order so that is what I told the bar tender. Well it was not fruity or fun! It was strong, very very strong. So after everyone has tried it, I decided I no longer wanted it. It took a while but I finally found a buyer for it. I sold it for $5 to the highest bidder...my mom.
You start with your cheese fondue, we were able to pick 3 different styles on everything since we had such a big party. Your cheese is served with 3 different types of bread, apples, tortillas, carrots and cauliflower for dipping. They actually bring out all the ingredients and make it in front of you.
Next came the salads. We each got to choose our individual salad. I had the big night out special salad, which was the Cobb with southwester ranch...all I can say is YUMMMMMY!!!

Then it was time for the meal portion. Matt and I got the feast, which was sirloin, fillet, BBQ chicken, shrimp, and some spinach cheese tortellinis. All of it is served raw and we have to cook it ourselves in the oil we got to choose. We are also given several dipping sauces and some potatos, broccoli, squash, and mushrooms. We are all given different colored pokers so we don't get them mixed up in the pot. They have no solution for the tortellinis and veggies, we all just fight over whose is whose.

Then last but definitely not least, it was dessert time. We also got to choose 3 different types of chocolate. We had cookies and cream, original (crunchy PB), and turtle. You get a plate with strawberries, cookie coated marshmallows, brownies, pound cake, bananas, rice crispies, and then the finale, cheese cake. WOW WOW WOW. It was a night filled with full bellies thats for sure. This is the cookies and cream, they flambeed it.The very last part is the worst part of the night, it is the bill time. Our bill came to $91.57. That is after a $14 coupon I had for the dessert. That did not include drinks. We had water to drink. That was the meal, gratuity included of course and the tax.We had a great time, but it might be awhile before we go back and spend that kind of money again. I have been there at least once a year for the past 5 years. I think that is enough for a couple of years. We might let it change a bit before we go back

1 comment:

Corie said...

Happy early Birthday!
Wish I could have enjoyed the fondue with you..... always so good.