background

Sunday, October 12, 2008

My afternoon

While I was typing my earlier blogs, Ryan was taking his afternoon nap. This is a wonderful thing he does, I get a lot of personal time, that of course I waste on the computer.


Well, I heard him in there "talking" so I figured he was up. So I figured I better get in there. I walked in and he was still laying down, his head did pop up immediately. I got his normal smile and then he stood up...and this is what I saw.

I have no idea how long it was off, he had no diaper marks on his sides. So maybe it was off for his entire nap. But only by the grace of God, he was completely dry and clean. I could not believe it!!! When I asked him where his diaper was, he lifted up his blanket and pulled it out. Then he decided that he did not want it in his crib any longer so he threw it out.

Then about an hour later, we were in the kitchen and he squatted and made the poop face that we all love so much. So I said stop, lets go to the potty, we ran to the bathroom threw on his seat, took off his diaper and sat him on it. So there we sat singing itsy bitsy spider and then out of no where... tinkle tinkle tinkle. I screamed so loud with excitement and he did too. I think he was so excited because I was. We have been working on this at least twice a day for the past week, and this is the first time he actually went. I was so excited...and proud.

1 comment:

Corie said...

Way to go Ryan!!! I can imagine how excited both of you were!!! Not about the naked butt, but the potty in the toilet part! :)