background

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pitty Party

Poor pitiful me.

As most of you know Ryan and I are on our own every evening except Fridays. So that means we eat, play, read, bath and go to bed all by our selves. Some nights like tonight I work later so Ryan has already eaten dinner with one of his grandparents. Which is very nice, so I don't have to make sure he has a healthy meal cooked by the time I get home. So since he will eat there that means I am on my own at night. It is hard to cook for one, Matt won't eat that heavy when he gets home from school. So this really cuts back on my menu.


Tonight was one of those nights. Ryan had a good dinner at his me-maws. So when I got home that meant I am on my own for dinner. I decided to go ahead and cook a meal. I planned (planned being the key word) on making pork chops, mashed potatoes, a veggie, and rolls, with a huge glass of milk...YUMMY YUMMY!


Well, this is what happened. Ryan went to bed early, so I was excited I could watch some good night time TV. I got the pork chops out of the fridge, put them on the skillet...oh they smell so good. Went to the pantry got out the garlic and herb potatoes, and then...what no veggies. All that I had was peas and succotash...YUCK. Okay, so I will just have meat, potatoes, rolls and milk.


Then I went to boil the water and milk. What, no milk, I had totally forgotten that Ryan drank the rest of the milk yesterday. Okay so we will have to just use water and butter. What, no butter either. I had to scrap the butter bowl. Thank God I had 3 little butter things from various restaurants that gave me maybe one tablespoon when I needed two.


Okay that dilemma is done. I decided to sacrifice my last package of rolls to make cinnamon biscuits for Ry in the morning since he will now have no milk for oatmeal.


So, that also means I have no huge glass of milk I have been dying for all day. I have to drink the pure sugar tea Matt continues to buy. And I will have the last piece of bread the was left and scrap the butter bowl one last time...just enough to butter my lonely piece of bread.


Okay, so my dinner is cooked I am ready to head to the TV tray in the living room to watch some good TV. I picked up my plate...there goes my bread...on the kitchen floor...face down. AHHHHH....you have got to be kidding me. So, I picked it up put it back on my plate and ate it anyway...with no butter!
And for my good TV tonight...its the debate...no CSI, no comedy shows...nothing I just wanted to get lost in it, and not think. So here I am blogging, and actually the debate is pretty good!


What I should be doing is making my grocery list!


2 comments:

Corie said...

Oh Amanda, this stinks!
What a night you had.

Hope it doesn't discourage your next attempt for a wonderful dinner! :)

Laura said...

Hmm--reminds me of moving. Deeder and I ate pretty poorly for the last week of our "eat out the cupboards" assignment. And you know what? We still ended up throwing a few things away. Have fun shopping!