background

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We made it, we made it to the pumpkin patch!

We had a wonderful family day planned for Saturday! Once Matt got done doing what he was supposed to do that morning we were meeting in Troy at the Troy Park yard sale (which was not worth the time).

We had a coupon for Culver's, buy one meal get one free, then to buy his Halloween costume, then to Eckerts.
Half way to Fairview Heights, Matt realized that the coupon was only good at the Edwardsville location. So we had to buy our lunch at full price at Golden Corral. Which would be cheaper for lunch, then we don't have to pay for Ryan, and he has free range at all the food. The service was horrible, I actually got water with no ice, then she was all dumb founded that happened.
Left there, went to The Dungeon for his halloween costume...I will leave you all in suspense there. Even though most of you know what he is going to be. Everything was good there, except we had to change his diaper. And when we asked the girl at the counter if they had a bathroom she responded "FOR...?!?!?". What do you think for? It wasn't like, for who so I can point you in the right direction, but more like, for what. She was obviously not paying attention to us. We got to the 'dungeon of a bathroom' and there was only a sink to change Ryan on, so Matt came in the womens with me so Ryan would not fall off the sink.
Once we got in the car, Ryan was so tired we decided not to go to Eckerts. It was just going to be extra money we did not need to spend and it was hotter then we thought it was going to be and we did not want a remake of the blueberry picking!
We get to Collinsville and I decided we would stop by Fornies farm for some fresh fruit. When I was up there looking around at all the beautiful fall stuff and pumpkins, I got really upset we didn't go to Eckert's. This was our only weekend to do this and I at least wanted a picture with him and the pumpkins. So when I was checking out I asked the girl where was that fall festival they have every October in Collinsville. She directed me to Releke's Pumpkin Farm.
He was standing so cute in this cute picture, then he saw me squatting so that is what he did too.
We arrived at Releke's. It was nice with a lot of stuff to do for the kids. Most of it was still a bit too old for Ry. Next year though, he will be able to do it all. We were only there for about a half hour. He got to feed the goats, which he loved. He was not scared of them at all. He kept sticking his fingers through the fence to touch them. It was me this time freaking out that the goats were going to leave him with a few less fingers. We could not get him away from the goats! Go figure!

All in all, it was a good day because we were all to together. But it was a forced day. By golly, we were going to have a fun filled family day, and we were all going to have the time of our lives. Well we have memories, thats for sure...and I have my pictures too!

1 comment:

Corie said...

I don't know what Ryan is going to be for Halloween!! Guess I'll have to wait. I'm sure he'll be adorable.

I would have loved to see the three of you in the ladies' room, changing him on a sink!

The pumpkin pics are great! Glad you got 'em!!! I can't wait to do a pumpkin patch with Chloe!!!