background

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

training time

I know its early to start potty training, but I figured why not let him get used to the idea. He sees me go potty all the time, its just the two of us at home so I have to keep the door open and he just chooses to keep me company.




So now our morning routine will get up...go potty...and brush our teeth. That will also be our bedtime routine. Brush teeth...go potty...take a bath...then go to bed. I have no idea how well this will work, but we are going to try it.
The only things we are adding is potty and teeth at the sink. We are going to start brushing at the sink so he can spit. We have always done it at the changing station while I am changing his diaper. I brush first then he takes over. He has always loved brushing his teeth. The toothpaste he is still using he can swallow. So we will finish this tube continue practice spitting then buy the big boy toothpaste. He did really good at spitting for the first time this morning, now it just sprayed out versus a nice spit like we do, but I didn't even know he was capable of spitting. Its probably something his father or uncles have taught him. He even rinsed his brush like mommy.
I am so very proud of him for becoming a big boy, buy it brings a tear to my eye.

2 comments:

kathycarr said...

WOW! He looks so grown up in these photos! When did he get so grown up?! I just saw him 2 days ago and he was not this mature. I guess sitting on the potty makes any baby look like a big kid. Good job Ryan! He looks so proud of himself too. :-)

Corie said...

Ryan is such a big boy!!!

I love his socks!! :)
Nothing better than a kid in diapers and socks!! Wish I could keep Chloe's on her feet.

Wonder when he will want to start standing up to pee like Daddy????