background

Saturday, January 10, 2009

I did it again...

I locked my keys in the house.

I had to take Clementine to the vet and Ry to my mom and dad's. I was putting Clem and Ry in the car, and it hit me...I had no keys!


I do this about 3 times a year. This does not include the times I lock them in the car. Plus I loose them on a weekly basis. I have even locked Ryan in the car with it running while I was at Shop-N-Save (my phone was in there too!). No, I didn't go in the store with him in the car, I put the groceries in the back and shut it, forgetting I had it locked so no one could steal my son. (thank God, I saw a friend in the store, so she watched him while I ran home to get a spare set)


Well, when these things happen I have to go to the back of the house, pull a chair up to the kitchen window, (I leave it unlocked for this purpose only, and this is when I definitely grateful we built that deck on the back of the house) clear everything off the window seal, take everything out of the sink (I just got done doing dishes before we left). And then I hoist my self up into the window, onto the sink and counter and jump down. I definitely feel like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible ( or sselyap, right Matt). Then I go get my keys and walk out the front door like nothing even happened. I am quite used to this by now!


Why don't we leave a key outside you ask. We have/do, but we put it in different spots or we forget to put it back, so we don't always have one.
And for Clem, her vet appointment went well. No heart worms, and she got all her shots. Dr. Patrick ( which I just love) was still concerned about her vision since it was just gone one day and never came back. He was also concerned with her weight, she gained 2 lbs in a year. Which is alot since she only weighed 18 lbs. He chalked it up to the holidays, but I know exactly what it is. Since she went blind, she doesn't run around as much and Ry feeds her half of his snacks. He said to start buying lean dog food. He said she is not obese yet, but she definitely is not a super model...poor Clem, I'm sorry baby girl, but it runs in the family :(

No comments: