background

Thursday, January 29, 2009

snow again

Well we were able to enjoy yet another day out in the snow. Ryan is just obsessed with sNOOOW. He loves to sit in the baby window and have people throw snowballs at him, he laughs so hard.

We were going to try to venture outside in the morning, but thanks to a friends very wise advice we decided to wait till the afternoon till in was a bit warmer...so glad we did.

Our goal today was to build an awesome snowman...well I should be honest it was MY goal. What was I thinking with a 21 month old...crazy!!! I gather some items from inside to put on his face when it was done....HA, we never made it half way through the first ball. The snow was so fluffy, it took a lot to compact it that hard, and honestly I don't know if I have ever built a real snowman...its hard work, especially watching a one year old at the same time who has no interest in it.

So I gave up. We (meaning me again) decided to wait till next year when daddy can be present to help.

Elmo did get to make an appearance again, he actually became our snowman topper.
I did get him to make his first snow angel as well, it was kinda hard getting him to lay down in it, but once he was down he was okay. I had to flap his arms though, but he made his tiny little angel.Then it was time to head in doors. He kicked his feet off on the door before we went in to knock off the loose snow. That was an easy task since one of his favorite things to do these days is kick.Here he is after we made it in doors, he looks rough, but believe me, he is happy as a clam!!!

2 comments:

Corie said...

My Grandma would be so happy to know that you attempted to make a snowman. She said she has wondered why she doesn't see any. She said she would go out and make one if she could.

Life With Twins said...

I am so jealous!!! If we ever get snow in Tx it melts before it sticks. Ryan looks so stinking cute in his snow gear. I wish you lived close by so we could accomplish all of our high reaching kid activities together! We wouldn't really even need the kids! LOL! A for effort Mom btw building a snowman is always hard work. Its always better to take pictures and cheer on the men as they tackle the building process. He He Have a great Friday!