background

Sunday, January 25, 2009

a nice Sunday morning surprise God gave us

I had no idea it was supposed to snow this morning...none of us did. And man oh man Ryan was excited. We went to take Clementine outside and we showed Ry the snow, he was just amazed with it. It was too cold to keep standing in the sun room looking at it, and he pitched a fit when we had to go back in. So of course I took him to the bay window in the living room and he would not leave the window, he just kept saying sNOOOW sNOOOW and pointing and screaming. We haven't had much snow fall this year (even though it was expected to be one of the worst winters in years). So he really hasn't seen it since last year. I went and set on the window sill with him for a bit, and then I asked him if he wanted to go outside and play in the snow. His eyes got so big and his head started shaking yes so hard. He ran over to the door...oh he was so upset, when I told him we had to go change into warmer (multilayer) clothes (especially since I am allergic to the cold now). So after some what of a battle, and tearing through all the drawers looking for some warmer clothes, we headed outside. We finally got to use the snow boots I bought early in the fall (you know since it was going to be a HORRIBLE winter).
A little winter kickball in the snow never hurt any one either!And of course swimming summer time Elmo had to join in on the festivities in the snow We made the snowballs. He was a little confused with it, because we were calling them snow balls, and they looked nothing liked balls (this beautiful snow was so fluffy and light). We threw them at our cars (which looking back probably wasn't the smartest idea, now he will be throwing everything at our cars). At least he didn't eat them, I really thought that would be his first reaction to them. Now I can't wait till we get a ton of snow and we can build a snow man...but I think I am okay if we have to wait until next year! (but then I will have to buy new snow boots...ugh!)

1 comment:

Corie said...

Glad y'all got out and enjoyed our snow!

Hope we get more! :) Like enough for a school cancellation tomorrow!