background

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our lil' CC...Construction Camper

For Christmas Ryan got this backpack/tent combo thing. He loves to build forts, hide under blankets, he just loves to get inside things. So I figured why not get him an indoor/outdoor tent (which I don't think I would trust this tent outdoors with my child in it). The whole thing came in a backpack, that included a whistle, flashlight, cones, vest, tent and sleeping bag ( and I got it on black Friday, so it was only $12).

As you know, Christmas was almost 2 weeks ago, and I am just now getting around to putting this thing up. I just thought it was going to be huge, and put a tent up in our living room are you crazy! So, today was an icy day, and we are staying in till this afternoon till I have to go to work. So, I figured why not pop it up. Well, it is much smaller than I thought (if I would have read the dimensions, I would have know this. It is only big enough for 2 people to sit in. Ry has been screaming with excitement since I pulled it out...why oh why did I wait for this

I thought, yeah, we can have fun today! I put batteries in his flashlight, I told him to go grab his favorite books and lets meet back up in the tent. So I turn off the lights, and I crawl in. Well he just kept waving his hand saying he was finished (sign language). I couldn't figure out what he was finished with. Well, it was me, he was finished with me in the tent with him. He wanted his flashlight and books all by himself. So, with my crushed heart I crawled out. This tent is obviously just for him. He did not like it when I put his sleeping bag on the floor of the tent either. Apparently, only Ry, vest, flashlight, and books allowed :(

He figured out how to blow his whistle really fast. Ofcouse since it makes noise, but I can't get him to blow his nose for anything.

1 comment:

Corie said...

Oh, that's funny.
I had to laugh at the fact he was finished with you in the tent although I am sure you were so disappointed.